Wednesday, January 18, 2012

STALKER Complete 2009 Mod

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Stalker Complete mod

Having finished the game with the "bad" ending, I've now gone back through a couple of times to pick out the undone missions and pick-ups.  I also decided to try to download the "Stalker COmplete 2009" Mod my brother had suggested.  The mod is available at the link listed below.

 

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009 

 

This mod makes graphical, effects, sound, and some balance changes to the game that really do improve gameplay.  I am impressed with the changes they made to the game and there is a 2012 Update in the works.  The improvements don't seem to have any negative performance problems and I've noticed some of the buggy play has been fixed with this mod.

 

Complete 2009 Mod adds graphics, sound, and effects improvements as well as addressing some game play issues with the original game.  The graphical fixes are simply awesome.

 

The changes to the graphics make me wish I had a better monitor and is quite close to tempting me into putting the game on my laptop.  The gameplay fixes work quite well and I'm glad to see the often buggy freezing and lagging is gone.  I was already quite impressed with the graphics in the game and this mod add even further refinement.

 

A word of warning during download, Firefox did not like the install file and did some strange things when downloading the install file.  It caused my system to hang up several times, requiring me to reboot and delete the downloaded file.  I tracked this back to an issue with Microsoft Security Essentials - I had to disable the program to download.  This was on my desktop machine which is running Windows XP Pro SP3 - am not sure why this happened, but it did cause me some trouble downloading.

 

I eagerly await the next version of this mod and am on my way back through the game.  Thanks to my brother for suggesting it shortly after buying the game for me!  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment