Saturday, January 7, 2012

Half Life 2 Strategy

First off, I got my copies of Half Life 2 through Steam courtesy my little brother (slagmelt).  I played through Half Life 2 on Xbox right after it came out, but never really got into it.  I played through the original Half Life and Opposing Force on PC.  Opposing Force, I played through in one day!

I first beat Episode 2, which I had played a bit on my brother's Xbox Orange Box Collection.  Then I beat Episode 1, followed by the original Half Life 2.

I played through the games twice - once with cheats enabled to learn the level, a second without using as many lives as it took to beat each level.  Then I went through a third time just to earn the achievements.  This is the stage I'm still at - earning achievements.

Half Life 2 Cheats
There is an extensive list of command line cheat codes that will allow weapons, items, and characters to be added or removed in addition to developer items to modify game content.

In order to use cheats in the PC version of the game, you must activate the console int he Options Menu under Advanced. There is also command line parameters you can add to the game executables.

Cheat List

Bring DOWN the console and enter “sv_cheats 1”.
  • No damage: god
  • Never Die: buddha
  • Infinite power for your suit: infinite_aux_power or sv_infinite_aux_power (Outbreak)
  • All weapons and ammo: impulse 101
  • Kill all npc’s in the area: npc_kill
  • Enemies don’t attack: notarget
  • Walk through walls: noclip
  • Spawn a scout car: ch_createjeep
  • Spawn an airboat: ch_createairboat
  • Spawn an airboat: impulse 83
  • skulls: impulse 102
A more complete list of codes is available on IGN or easily found via Google.

The above codes were found at http://www.ign.com/cheats/games/half-life-2-pc-492830







No comments:

Post a Comment