Monday, May 23, 2022

10 year Annivesary: Commando as told by Animated Gifs

My most popular blog posts came to life ten years ago.  At the time, I had quite a bit of off time, as I worked a 7 day on, 7 day off schedule.  I cleaned up the content a little, but this is as the original page appeared on Airsoft Ohio.  I later posted the content here during the great Site Migration.  Enjoy!

It started as somewhat of a joke, inspired by the work of several others.  I decided there should be a more complete telling of the story.  I will admit, I scoured several dozen websites to find these and spent the better part of an afternoon trying to get them to upload.

Unfortunately, my preferred image host, imgur.com did not work properly with some of the images.  It's times like these I wish I still had my hosting account.  I will add pictures to this post as I find them, but please feel free to help out.















This one was pretty funny, so left it in the lineup!








This scene was cut from the network version of the movie.










Another too funny to leave out.









Let's just focus on this part again, because it is EPIC!!!











My apologies, I found this much longer clip that includes his approach.

This was a slightly long clip of the below where he gears up.

This was a short clip of him gearing up.



















So that's it.  Like I said, I will add more as I find them and please do feel free to suggest them if you find them.  Enjoy!

By all means, credit where it is due:

Sources:
"Commando," 2009, http://www.moviegifs.net/2009/11/commando.html, Movie Gifs Net
"Commando Kill," http://www.gifbin.com/983449, Funny Gifs @gifbin.net
"Jerking Each other Off Commando Style, Arnie Humping a telephone booth Commando Style," Cheezeburgerz.com
"Commando is an Endless source for gifs," http://somewhatmanlynerd.com/blog/2010/03/25/commando-is-an-endless-source-for-gifs/, Somewhat Manly Nerd
"miscellaneous commando gifs," GifSoup.com
"Commando," 1985, 20th Century Fox, SLM Production Group, Silver Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment